Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Bad AI recomendations   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I had 4 recommendations today. All 4 had less than a full season of AAA under their belt.

2 were placed in AA initially, so can't know their "talent". The other 2 spent 2+ seasons in AA.

In the past seasons per level was fairly consistent. Not usually out by more than half a season. 1.5 seasons worth of difference at AAA is something new for me.

I suspect this is a consequence of the realignment where some guys got shifted down (suspect everyone got shifted down and only some required a level change). Perhaps players were set further back (ie., from AA to A), but the total clock didn't change. So instead of 1.5 at AA and 1.5 at AAA we're seeing 2.5 at AA and 0.5 at AAA.

I doubt its detrimental. But I think we are going to continue to see some short times at AAA for a while.
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
today, Mojica was recommended for the Majors
๐Ÿ˜‚

at 21, after one season of AA, and half a season of AAA.
TRULY A FIRST ROUND PICK!
๐Ÿ˜ฎ

AI (re. the minors) has become a sad joke

Updated Friday, October 16 2020 @ 2:57:51 am PDT

Updated Friday, October 16 2020 @ 3:16:05 am PDT
Kinthin

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
hahahahaha....

your team picture is the perfect picture to represent that situation..

yea he isnโ€™t ready.. lol
FreddyThe2nd

Tombstone Pistoleros
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
wow I think that is the lowest SI player I've seen rec'd.
Clearly there are some cases where the rec may not be ideal!
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I suspect this is a consequence of the realignment where some guys got shifted down (suspect everyone got shifted down and only some required a level change). Perhaps players were set further back (ie., from AA to A), but the total clock didn't change. So instead of 1.5 at AA and 1.5 at AAA we're seeing 2.5 at AA and 0.5 at AAA.

Have to agree. I had high hopes after the realignment but in hindsight it was something of a temporary fix (IMO), and now I'm basically ignoring recommendations and trying to get my prospects similar playing time at each level. I still see a lot of minors systems that are top-heavy (including mine), but so far letting them 'mature' a little longer hasn't hurt any.
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I've been moving my players up as recommended and they perform fine.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
This whole aggressive promotion track the AI runs is probably one of the few aspects of this game that really makes me grumpy at the moment. Harumph.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'll second that Harumph. My main joy in this game has always been in tinkering with my minors.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
The little reset that brought rookie ball back should help. Don't think it's effects have really been felt yet.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I've been hoping it works through without any further tinkering. These are the sorts of bugs that make me the most nervous when they crop up.

Previous Page | Show All |