Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2044 Draft   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jerbeetwo

Tyler Goldendoodles
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
This may seem silly but I have had such bad drafts I am beginning to wonder. Do you have to get out of the lower levels to get decent players in your draft? In the past two seasons I have only kept two players. Both acquired in round one. After that I can’t get a single player to even consider keeping. Is it just bad luck? If it wasn’t for everyone else’s scraps I wouldn’t have a minors system. Which doesn’t seem likely to equate to success in higher levels.
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
I see a lot of college/international/Asian/Latin picks in your history. Are you specifically going after those pools or is it coincidence? I normally look in the HS pool for a few of the early rounds then fish for depth by position. I joined around the time you did. Have to say if those are the best prospects you had available I’d hate to experience some meager draft luck years like that, especially if your trying to build out an organization.

I like to ride the waiver wire on weeks that I don’t get a solid draft pick though.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
If it wasn’t for everyone else’s scraps I wouldn’t have a minors system. Which doesn’t seem likely to equate to success in higher levels.

That's how my team operated for 20+ seasons. Its unlikely to win you Legends, but you can get pretty far with some savvy dumpster diving.

And I actually see a LOT more talent on the boards with the new draft system. It seems backwards, but it seems like even more quality players are getting cut off teams before they even have a chance to play a game, then when people couldn't get see the player ratings before they picked.

Updated Sunday, March 8 2020 @ 3:37:28 pm PDT
Jerbeetwo

Tyler Goldendoodles
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
@ Johnny boi
I have done most of my drafting by position. Usually short stop or pitching. I have not had anyone worth keeping to choose from and have been selecting the worst player and immediately releasing him. It’s really rare for me to see anything above an 11 and most of my options have been 8-11.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
8-11 seems to be the norm for me as well, but occasionally something better will pop up (sometimes in the late rounds). Usually only have one decent option if there are any at all on a board. I don't think these norms have changed much, its just that now we can see when we have no chances to draft a decent player.

Prior to the new draft I kept on average one player per draft year. With the new draft I'm keeping on average three players per draft year. So overall, I'm getting a lot more talent in the new draft than I did with the old draft. I had really bad luck before, and I've had some good luck now. Most of it still comes down to blind luck.

SS and Pitcher tend to get fished out pretty fast. It might be worth looking in some of the other pools. Both of the high POT 3B I pulled in the first year of the new draft came out of the 1B pool.
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with that most of it still comes down to "blind luck."

This year, I have seen exactly one player with very good potential in the 70 players offered to me.

Last year, I had multiple Very Good Potential players in 3 of the first 4 rounds.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
No 8th pick. Skipping the final draft this season. Had good picks this season ends. Who do I cut??? For next year after spring before I choose.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
Well changed mind today. Went international pool got nothing. Well always next year.
Huaraches25

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Does this seasons draft start today or next week?

Updated Friday, April 3 2020 @ 10:05:16 am PDT
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Next Friday. No training or financial update today, and no draft either. But hey at least we got spring training starting!

Previous Page | Show All |