Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Strange events in the former college test league   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Soooo, couldn't help but notice this morning while checking waivers...

1. It appears the college test league that Steve used back in the day at some point in the recent past turned into a Japanese league.

2. Whether done manually or programatically, a bunch of talent from that league just got dumped to waivers in the main league.

Is this a pseudo-take on the Japanese posting system? Is it a happy accident? Intentional sprinkling of the waiver pool? Are Trix for kids?
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I've been wondering the same thing for a while now. It's happened at least 2 or 3 times, these waves of cuts. Obviously, I've got no clue what's going on, but I'm viewing it "in character" as something kind of like the real influx of available talent from the Asian leagues. No clue if that was Steve's intention, but I feel like we can sort of view it through that lens.

And regardless of the true reason, if we look at it like Asian league talent leaving their league to try and catch on with the American leagues, it's a nice way to make talent available mid-season, when the draft is often drier than a desert.

Sure are a lot of decent-to-quality 21-25 year olds getting cut by those asian league teams tho!
Hayseed

Hood River Hawks
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
This has happened several times for the last couple of seasons. I have enjoyed it because I haven't gotten anything through the draft and keeps me active on the waiver wire late in season.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, he is clearing out all the test players and replacing them with Japanese/Mexican players. Its interesting to look at those players. As I pointed out in a prior post, a LOT of them skipped over AAA entirely without any apparent penalty.

Previous Page | Show All |