Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2039 Cup   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The Cup is awesome.

Won easily in the first game. Got thoroughly crushed in the second.

Third and deciding game...
My struggling starter throws 6.2, allowing only one hit. Whittier was pitching nearly as well until we load the bases in the seventh with just one out. My Bash Brothers, Chapa and Perez, come up and whiff. The pitching domination continued, neither team allowing any runners. After 2 perfect innings, Velazquez trots back out to the mound in the tenth and gives up a walk-off homer to the first batter. It was only the second hit of the game for Whittier!

What a game! I haven't had that much fun losing here since, well, probably ever. Good luck all.

Updated Friday, January 25 2019 @ 5:28:22 pm PST
12twelve

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The Bikers were hoping to make a deep run in the Cup this year but the matchup in Round 4 pits us against the legendary Birmingham Athletics.

After getting knocked out by mighty Margate in Round 5 last year in a close series, another major mid-round test is waiting on Friday.

This will be a true test to see if the Bikers have what it takes to continue their journey up the ranks.

Good luck to Birmingham. I'm looking forward to a great series!
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, 5th place in the Cup is our best finish by far, but getting 1-hit (and that with a two out single in the bottom of the ninth) in the deciding game wasn't exactly how I'd hoped to end it. Didn't have a fatigue-free starting pitcher tonight and was without my best hitter (and center fielder) who got injured for 10 games right before this round, but hey that's how the cookie crumbles.
hurstdm

Murfreesboro Moo Cows
VI.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Go Ashland Owls! League IV.3 represent!
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Interesting final. Always nice to have a lower division underdog to root for.

I can cheer for the Carp too. It's so hard to get to a cup final. Dinos have only done it once, and we were fortunate enough to win. You kind of feel bad for the team you beat - for me that was Santa Monica. I would like to see them get one sometime.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Classic first game for the final. Awesome thriller the whole way.

Updated Monday, February 18 2019 @ 2:07:34 pm PST
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Looks more like a soccer game where one team attacks the whole game, the other launches a counter attack at the end for the win.

Can sympathize with the 18 lob for the Carp. The Owls strand just 4.
Optics

Santa Monica Carp
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Bridesmaid again. Grats Ashland.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Tough one dude. :(

Game 1 had an aroma to it, but Ashland was full value in game 2. Santa Monica's starter Posey has the second most SI in the game, and pitches in the largest ballpark you can build. Ashland wasn't discouraged by any of that, and tagged him for 3 bombs on the way to victory.

Grats to the Owls! Well done!
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Yippee!
"Cannonball" Alfredo Corral, a cap casualty for Laredo last seadon, gets the W in the decisive game and wins his first Cup pennant, after missing the hardware with the Mules back in 2028, while in his last year of minor leagues.

Congrats!

Previous Page | Show All |