Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Official Draft Change Discussion   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Philliesworld

Harrisonburg Hydrogen
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Progress......

I'm still intrigued by the idea of completely hiding potential...It brings a lot of considerations to the table.

Today's draft has again reinforced the idea that the current draft is not good. No matter what people say.

I had four very goods, and several very intriguing goods... I ended up drafting a stud. In the meanwhile there's managers with a draft board that is lacking any semblance of talent. How the neck can that possibly be fair? This has nothing to do with making strategic decisions. Only making the best choice in a crap shoot.

Updated Friday, January 4 2019 @ 5:13:19 pm PST
Longviewess

Chesapeake Gulls
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
@Philliesworld

Those are two very impressive draft picks. Congrats!
amalric7

New York Lancers
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I had four very goods, and several very intriguing goods... I ended up drafting a stud. In the meanwhile there's managers with a draft board that is lacking any semblance of talent. How the neck can that possibly be fair? This has nothing to do with making strategic decisions. Only making the best choice in a crap shoot.

I think this sums up the current situation in a nutshell. Change is necessary.

And congrats PW on landing the "Clay-maker"!
Hayseed

Hood River Hawks
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
^!!
Philliesworld

Harrisonburg Hydrogen
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks longviewess and almaric.

"Clay-maker" I like it... I also like D.C. (Dylan Clay). He said his favorite shoes are DC's. He's also a DC guy, says he's the "marvel".

Updated Saturday, January 5 2019 @ 12:41:44 pm PST
Rome

McKinney Mavericks
V.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The way SimYard did it was perfect. Each league had it's own pool, draft snaked starting with worst team first. Of course owners had to manage minor league team depending on if they paid for them.
knoxvol

Greenville Leopards
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah SimYard was great. Never paid to be in one of the leagues but the free options were still pretty fun. I actually stumbled upon BB trying to find a SimYard replacement!

Doesn't the unpredictable draft-pool quality that folks are frustrated with affect everyone? Just like changes to make the quality of early round prospects more consistent would help everyone?

In other words, does getting more +13 POT prospects really help you if your opponents get them as well?

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
The problem is some people get nothing but "Above Average" options in the first round. If I'm currently drafting POT 11s in the first round, and my opponents are drafting POT 15s, then yes. Definitely a leg up for me if everyone was drafting POT 13s.

I've been playing this game for 20 seasons and I've never drafted a player higher than POT 14 (and not too many of those). Some folks have drafted two or three POT 15s in a single season. Also, as it is right now, its been proven that the first people to draft have better odds. So if you draft an hour or two after the new round starts, you get the dregs.

It's not as simple as just increasing the number of POT 13s.

Updated Friday, January 11 2019 @ 7:56:43 pm PST
GullyFoyle

Dayton Hawks
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball

Also, as it is right now, its been proven that the first people to draft have better odds. So if you draft an hour or two after the new round starts, you get the dregs.

I'm in England, so I'm probably one of the earliest to draft so I have to say I agree with this. Its probably one of the bigger problems. Admittedly for everyone else, not for me, but I'm in favour of fairness and currently I'm certainly receiving an advantage.

Oddly though my two 15 pot draftees both came in the third round but I don't think I can remember the last time I got a poor board for the first round. I've taken a couple of 11 pot players in round 1 but both had good potential on their report.

I think its right to say though that any system that gives advantage to anyone (even me) isn't fair.

MukilteoMike

Margate Magicians
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
While I think the draft race is bad, I dislike the other aspects of the current draft system even more.

Previous Page | Show All |