Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Prospects - can they still improve   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
billy172

Tucumcari Generals
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a couple of Prospects in Triple A that they say" he has learned all he can at this level" and recommend to move them up. If I do they will not be regulars. If I leave them where they are will their skills keep improving or should I move them up.
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
If they recently gained their promotion recommendation, then they might improve a little bit more. However, what they really need now is playing time. If you just leave them in the minors forever, they won't reach their full potential.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Some owners leave a guy at AAA until he's had 1-1/2 seasons down there, just to make sure they've squeezed every last minor league point they can out of a player, then call him up. Others will call up a guy that hasn't popped in a few updates.

As for ML playing time, he'll gain points even by sitting on the bench. But plate appearances, defensive innings, and batters faced get you a faster return. Maybe ;)

Rock and Mike had a lively discussion that might interest you:
http://brokenbat.org/forum/0/2/4187
billy172

Tucumcari Generals
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the insights. I read the posts you referred to and it was a spirited conversation to say the least

Previous Page | Show All |