Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Just sad...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve,
you've played this game you designed with one hand tied behind your back. We all use waivers. Not you.
Man, do we appreciate you!
Respect.
Chuck.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve doesn’t use waivers??! Damn that’s cruel
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Won game one so six up with six to play, and with a +186 RD over my opponent I'm just about safe (mathematically still possible). So I'm happy.

If we'd even gone 10-10 over that stretch instead of 5-15 we'd be a game off first place, but can't win 'em all I guess. Happy to be in LLIV again next season.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
It's searchable.

Take a look at Steve's transactions. I just did. He won the only waiver claim I could find for him ever on Tim Tebow. That was the only claim on Tebow, it was uncontested. My guess is the boss liked the name too much to resist. Otherwise, he's drafted and signed just a few free agents.

Yep, he's kept one hand tied behind his back. Can you imagine the fit-pitching if he won a major waiver claim?

Updated Sunday, December 17 2017 @ 2:50:46 pm PST
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Won game one so six up with six to play, and with a +186 RD over my opponent I'm just about safe (mathematically still possible). So I'm happy.

There's been some talk about Broken Bat karma recently, and this sums it up. Lost my next game 6-24, which is my worst loss ever. And that with my #1 starter back on the mound after a 14-day injury (9R/6ER in 2.1 IP, and late season additionButler, unscored upon in his first ten appearances, gave up 9 more in 3.1 IP). YEESH.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Steve, you also don't place any waiver claims, which means you are limiting yourself solely to what you draft. It is incredibly hard to maintain a top team solely through either the draft or waivers (and likely impossible).
itsjustmath

Plymouth Pilgrims
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
With us being in the same league this season, I was able to follow you more closely. I thought you had a good shot a competing with Pullman and were close for part of the season, and even taking the lead at one point.

To reiterate what everyone else has said, it is very difficult to build a team strictly on the draft, but can't imagine that and running the game as well. I will be pulling for you the last few games to avoid relegation this year.
Solana_Steve

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ack...0-3 today, need a miracle tomorrow!

Steve
6th Man

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Think you probably have a better shot than I ;). I need to sweep the 3rd place team and have the top team get swept by the 5th place team to win league. Expected W/L has everything happening except the other team being 1-2 tomorrow. Which means I'm expected to just barely lose.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Hard lines to both of you, guess someone else used all the miracles.

Previous Page | Show All |