Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> The 2034 Broken Bat Cup Championship   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
My highly inaccurate prediction spreadsheet says:

Game One
San Mateo 9-3

Game Two
San Mateo 8-7

Game Three
San Mateo 6-4
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
After a well pitched game, Terre Haute explodes in the 8th and 9th to take game one 10-2! Olsen gets the win in relief with two scoreless innings. Futagawa takes the loss... looks like he ran out of gas at the end there. Hebert hit two homers in the win, one in the 2nd and one in the 8th.

Game Results
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow, did NOT see that one coming. Maybe Terre Haute pulls off the upset?
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow!
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow.

Just wow.

That was highly impressive.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm a little late to continuing the reports on the game (obviously the series is already over). But...

In Game 2, San Mateo got their revenge and won 5-3. They survived an early assault by Terre Haute, who scored 3 runs in the first inning but was unable to score for the rest of the game.

Terra Haute starter B. Cohen did not fare well out of the gate, giving up five earned runs in less than 4 innings of work.

Juarez started the game for San Mateo but lasted only one inning. San Mateo management gave him an incredibly early hook, unsurprising given the importance of the game. Their bullpen, however, saved the day, combining for 8 innings of scoreless baseball. R. Dunn earned the win in relief.

Game Three's report will be posted shortly. Congrats to San Mateo for evening the series!

Game Results

Updated Monday, December 4 2017 @ 5:17:24 pm PST
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
In a riveting winner-takes-the-cup Game 3, the underdog Terre Haute surprised all of Broken Bat by winning the Championship 7-4!

Terra Haute starter T. McMillan held San Mateo scoreless until he ran out of gas in the sixth, when he faltered and gave up 3 runs.

San Mateo's J. Chin threw a respectable 6 1/3 innings in his start, but it wasn't enough. Terre Haute chipped away, with single runs in half of Chin's innings, before knocking him out of the game in the seventh.

Terre Haute scattered three homers in the game to take the Cup Championship.

Congratulations to San Mateo's Crazy Li and Terre Haute's Bucfan!

Game Results

Updated Monday, December 4 2017 @ 5:23:26 pm PST
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Is there such thing as an owner's jinx? I think Steve writing that the other team was "the decided underdogs" did me in.

I had the only team that went 19-1 in group but it didn't matter because we failed yet again to win when it counted.

I saw it coming too because the team went extremely cold this weekend. We lost back-to-back series against the #5 and #6 teams in our division, so I had little hope that we'd do any better in the Cup finals.

Oh well... I guess the Ninja aren't meant to win anything.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Oh well... I guess the Ninja aren't meant to win anything.

The cup isn't the only worthwhile thing you can win in BB. You are in II.2, so all you need are two very good seasons and you can win a Legends title. Yes, the competition in the top leagues is fierce, but just ask Tiger who spent a lot of seasons in LL IV and III how tough it can be just to get to where you are now. Have to get into position to get lucky to win it all.

Updated Tuesday, December 5 2017 @ 3:46:09 am PST
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Finishing 2nd in the Cup is quite an accomplishment. That's 2 rounds deeper than my team has ever gone. Cup success takes skill sprinkled with some good fortune. And Crazy, you have a very good team this season.

Previous Page | Show All |