Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2033 Season   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Noodle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Cactusguy you made the unfortunate mistake of not playing in the West. At least you won't have to contend with Cooperstown next season.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Exactly what I was thinking lol. Port Huron was inactive and a then bot team for most of the season, and they won the division with all of 86 wins. Meanwhile 4th place Erie has 91 in the East.

#thissucks

Thankfully Montgomery is really old, and Erie isn't really that great.

Updated Monday, October 2 2017 @ 4:26:06 pm PDT
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 …Aaand the Rats are stuck in VI.7 another season. >.<

Updated Monday, October 2 2017 @ 5:06:56 pm PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I can't believe it. By winning the last six and 14 of the last 18, we somehow clawed our way to the top of the East. The late three game sweep of Manhattan was huge, but it was also the late one-run games that aided the swing. We had been 14-23 in them, when all of a sudden we found ways to win them. We won the last 5 one-run decision games, including the final three games of the season.

Perez failed to hit any bombs in the final series, but finished the season with a walk off single as part of a dramatic ninth inning comeback to clench the division.

The final line for Perez:
113 R, 54 2B, 7 3B, 47 HR, 133 RBI, 317/361/673/1033. For good measure, add 13 outfield assists to the party. That's easily the best season any of my players have ever had.
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It's time to open some popcorn, sit in front of TV to watch the playoffs, and sum up the season.

It's been a lot of ups and downs in Warsaw. After ca. 20 games we were leading the division. Then we fell to last place due to 11 game losing streak. We started to pick up speed right before all-star break though, to start the second half of the season exactly at .500.

Until that point we were not hitting the ball (little surprise, that's the story of most seasons I'm here), but we were also not pitching well. Team ERA was just south of 5.00. All starters except for Sly were almost at 6.00, some were over 6.00. Closer Cazares had 9 blown saves and 4.50-ish ERA.

And then, suddenly, everything turned around. We finished the season with team ERA of 4.00 exactly, which means the second half we were pitching around 3.10. Next time Cazares blew a save was on October 21st. Starters were giving quality starts, and bullpen was holding. This allowed us a comfortable 3rd place finish, 9 games clear of relegation. It's our 11th straight season with a winning record.

In our division (not much sense comparing with the West who had a 50-win Pasadena in the lineup, surely disturbing some stats), we managed to hit the most homeruns (174) while producing the lowest AVG of .247. Pitchingwise, despite the rought start, we managed to grind the best ERA (4.00), BAA (.254), most complete games (24), quality starts (91) and least blown saves (12).

Some individual praises, let's start with Jesus, who finished his 9th 100+ RBI season. He didn't reach 100 only twice in his career. He's pretty much our only player appearing on league leaderboards on the offense side. I am anxiously awaiting the dreaded training update 0 to see how much he drops. I have a backup plan on how to arrange the lineup without him, but I would not like to lose the best offensive player this team ever had. Not before he has a chance to swing his bat in Legends.

Pitching, well I already mentioned Sly, who finished at 310 innings and 250 Ks, averaging 7.56 innings and 6.09 Ks per start, while posting division best (league 3rd) ERA of 2.76. I'm voting he defends his Cy Young. He was also really unlucky getting only 3.44 run support, so his win record is a mediocre 19-17. As a side note, we are waiting since 2027 to have a pitcher with 20 wins. Can you do something about it, Keith?
This guy will be chasing his own records for the rest of his career and will have a memorial statue in front of the ballpark when he retires.

Cazares I also already mentioned, he set new franchise record with 50 saves and seems to be living up to the legend of Beard. His ERA post all-star break was around 0.60. Lights out.

Last shoutout to Adrian O'Conell, who got 7th straight season with 10+ wins as a set up man. He is currently 7th on all-time franchise win list. That is pretty darn impressive. It was most likely his last season with us though, he isn't getting any younger, his fastball is visibly slower and this translates into whopping 6.39 ERA this season. I'm debating whether or not include him into Hall of Fame, but I'm leaning towards a yes.

A lot depends on the aging update, if we are treated lightly, and we do not have a powerhouse like Roanoke in the division, we should compete for the title.

Also I'm going to state again that I'm really looking forward to reactivating Tigers - Phoenixes rivalry :)
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm satisfied with how 2033 turned out for the Lakeville Bears. Lakeville managed to promote fairly quickly when I first started BB and climbed to division III. I then decided to work toward a younger squad and quite honestly started having to work to understand how to build my team. We demoted a few seasons and dropped down to division V. Last year we finished in 2nd place in what I felt was the start of a turn around for Lakeville. This year we finished in first place in a pretty competitive group. My most interesting outcome was that Lakeville had the top 3 hitters in the league for batting average. Usually we have nobody among the leaders. We still seem to struggle to get anyone in the leader group in R,HR,RBI and SB but pitching has been our strong suit over the years. I will be interested to see how well we compete in IV next year as I hope we can at least play well enough to demote back down and continue to build and slowly climb up the rankings.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I wrote up a pseudo-wrap-up of the Ravens' 2033 season here.

For me, the defining statistics: The team went 32-24 versus lefties, good for second-place in that category for the entire league, but finished second to last in the league versus righties at 47-57.

We have to hit better vs. righties next season. We just have to!
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
This was a short stop in division 4.
I was extra lucky to win By run difference.

http://brokenbat.org/league/10
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
A couple weeks ago it looked like we were going to be eliminated despite having the best RD. Then we poured it on. With a four game playoff sweep where we outscored Santa Monica 19-9, we finished off the season with a beautiful 10 game win streak. That's what I'm talking about! As a result, it catapulted us to an overall #17 ranking, our highest ever at a season's end.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
We're moving up, and for the first time for me as winners, 4-2 over a tough Mesquite team.

Led the division (and the League) all the way, from post to post. We had to fight all the way in the Championship series and looked in real trouble a couple of times, but we battled all the way and pulled it out when it mattered. Its very, very gratifying. Hope we can put up more of a challenge in IV.4 this next time around.

Previous Page | Show All |