Help

Forum >> Help >> Horrendous Pitching   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Huaraches25

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have basically the #1 offense in my league (811 team OPS) but almost all my pitchers are trash. I also have no really good pitching prospects either. What advice do any of you have to upgrade my pitching? I have been in the habit of trying to draft the player I think will be the best but I realize now I gotta shift my focus to pitching. Is movement or CoS more important? What ballpark/management settings might alleviate my struggles? Any help you can offer would be really appreciated!
g10rsh

Champaign Suzumebachi
VI.2

Broken Bat Baseball
It's hard to say what skills are important, but in general when drafting/ waivers it's best to check their performance in whip. Era, hr/9 innings, k/bb.

Also your home batting average is 305 ish, and your away batting average is around 265. Both are good, but that massive split does imply that you have a very hitter centric park. So your pitchers will have to deal with that.

texg8r

Pembroke Pines Gators
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
You have 42 unearned runs this season, that's a lot. Your infield defense is partly responsible. Your 2B, 3B and Ss fielding I'd around .960. It needs to be closer to .980 to maximize your pitching, particularly if you have ground ball pitches. If you don't fix that then you can keep trying to acquire better pitching, but it won't fully fix the issue.
Huaraches25

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you for pointing out defense i did realize that my infielders are among the league leaders in errors but they also rake so thats an ugly conundrum :/. I do have good defensive prospects for the middle infield but the bat is questionable for most of them.

Edit, my defensive woes might be because of my managers atrocious defense rating since alot of my infielders that get the most time have good defensive ratings

Updated Monday, December 28 2020 @ 5:16:26 pm PST
texg8r

Pembroke Pines Gators
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Your regular 3B, Rodriguez, is an 8 in fielding. It's not your manager, it's your players.
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
His manager has a 3 in defense, so he's definitely contributing to the problem. If he switched to a manager with a 10 in defense, then I think his defense would noticeably improve even with no other personnel changes.
Huaraches25

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes I know that Rodriguez's fielding is poor, I brought up the manager because Perez, Crawford and Emmons who play the bulk of my innings at 2B and SS have ratings of 15, 13 and 12 respectively. No reason for Perez and Crawford to combine for 21 errors. Furthermore Rodriguez currently only starts vs Lefties. I recently moved Zuniga to 3rd vs Righthanders.
texg8r

Pembroke Pines Gators
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Ahh...gotcha....I was just going off of your stats. Good move getting Rodriquez out of your lineup for most games.

I agree with the poster above. Get a new Manager that is at least decent in Defense before you start spending money trying to fix your pitching. 4 out of 5 of your SPs are groundballers, 2 of them extremely so.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Perez JUST finished learning how to play SS. So he should improve a bit naturally. Emmons is still developing, but has done a great job at 2B so far. I could easily see Crawford gaining .020 FP with a better defensive manager. He did better in the past with your old manager.

Previous Page | Show All |