Help

Forum >> Help >> Potential vs Scouting Report   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dhoni2020

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Is there uncertainty in these numbers or can they be taken at their face value when considering the maximum skill of the player?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
There is a good amount of uncertainty.

A while back I put together this chart for the skill ranges. But a lot of players will still miss those marks. A few even exceed those marks by quite a bit (meaning the scout report was way off).

I've had a "Great Hitter" max at 15 Hitting for instance. While some "Good Hitters" have gotten as high as 16 Hitting. Or a "Very Good" maxing out at 19. Some of this is just the displayed Rating fuzziness at work, but probably some inaccuracy in the scouting as well.

In general, most players will end up close to their scouting report ranges, but there are enough that don't that I wouldn't depend on it.
dhoni2020

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
How is potential calculated and is potential the same as scouting report, i.e., is it off by any chance? A 20% off could mean a maximum change of 4 potential in either direction.

I chose http://brokenbat.org/player/266393 in the last week draft based on his scouting report. But his pot is low compared to my liking.

Please do let me know.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
POT fuzziness is fairly new. So we don't have a lot of time with it yet. We have seen a few players change by 2 POT points though, so it seems likely that the 20% possible fuzziness rule might be getting applied there as well.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I would not be shocked if Eaton ends up being a POT 10 or 11. But even at those levels, he is probably a bit below average. I would keep an eye on his minor league numbers as well as his PD and BC growth.

Previous Page | Show All |