Help

Forum >> Help >> Help - Dire Request   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Bravo Ced, just the response I needed to feel heard!

I hope it doesn't come across as too self righteous. I thought I had set a "reach goal" of breaking 300 in the rankings, and that's done been broke already.

I like to view myself as a man of the statistics. There's only so many times you can flip and coin and get heads before you have to draw some people in to watch. Generally that's around the time it starts to regress to the mean, so maybe by even making this post my demise has been secured.

If I could just find a way to capture this weighted coin and make a roster spot for it for rainy days and big series!
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/league/20/2022

We can imagine that the league leader in the west division (link above) asked many of the same questions that you are asking today. 39 game lead, +463 run differential, 6 runs scored per game. I recently pointed this result out to Haselrig (owner of the league leader, and a three-peat Legends owner) at the close of last season.

Meanwhile, the rest of the clubs in the west division said things not that are not fit to print.

Updated Wednesday, May 27 2020 @ 4:50:36 pm PDT
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Man, those were the days. Edgar Palmer stirred the drink that season. Timely hits, walks or homeruns. Whatever the team needed, he seemed to have it.

Kokawa was the best player I inherited when I took over the team. The man rolled out of bed hitting .300.

Adam Werner lead a dominant pitching staff that also featured pre-potential search poster boy and 15 POT Derrick Chapman.

If I could steal the pitching and BB production from that team, I might have a chance next year.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
JB, don't stop now! Your next win will set the franchise's record for most wins in a season. The one after that will get you to the magical 100 mark. And if you keep up the pace, you can set the all-time record for your league. The most ever was State College in 2018 with 119. Go for it!
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball

Man, those were the days. Edgar Palmer stirred the drink that season. Timely hits, walks or homeruns. Whatever the team needed, he seemed to have it.

Kokawa was the best player I inherited when I took over the team. The man rolled out of bed hitting .300.

Adam Werner lead a dominant pitching staff that also featured pre-potential search poster boy and 15 POT Derrick Chapman.

If I could steal the pitching and BB production from that team, I might have a chance next year.

http://brokenbat.org/player/56774

Well, my second season in charge is the year we are talking about in my ownership, now twenty-fifth of course, I draw Legends League Birmingham in the Cup. I'm feeling I've got a chance, no particular reason. The thing not a lotta people get is I've always managed Denver through instinct and not much math, and I've got home field advantage to me that's a future W in my mind. First game we barely win, second we lose heavily and I'm thinking ok, this second one is foreshadowing, the next one may not be as competitive. But yeah, we won the third and advanced. And they won Legends 3 times in 4 years in the '23-'26 seasons. Shoutout to kladu, wherever they at.

Next season, I see Birmingham's transactions and their DH is adios. And I can get him for one third of his $6.75M salary, what a deal. Legends All-Star three years in a row including the past season and no waivers necessary he is a free agent. So I pick him up and what an underpermormance, you know?! I mean here is an all-star, all-league, gold glove accolades and I even think he garnered some league MVP votes! Thank you Denvy ballot stuffers.

Hell, I wonder if there are managers out there with stories like that as you sorta look up the ladder, you know, and help improve your club by seeing what's working around our lil fake baseball world lol.

Updated Thursday, May 28 2020 @ 1:07:13 am PDT
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
That dude is a monster. I'd love to see him on my draft board. I'm one of the few who'd throw him in the OF just to get that bat in there. Judging from my track record at defense and flat shameful OA numbers this year, sometimes you think you're crazy as a fox, but ends up you're just crazy.

Every good thing I've done in this game, I stole from somebody else. I learned how to put a roster together by watching MrTwoPlums make move after move and win title after title. The Seattle Ricky slapped the "ain't gonna sign no 12 POTs" snobbishness out of me with those reality defying teams that knocked me out of the final four in a cup one time and ran around the other Legends powerhouses at the time.

Then there's all the discord/chat folks. JJ, Pvt. Snowflake, AP where we hammered out the finer points of how to build a team. The Legends seasons and titles that came out of those is pretty amazing. It's that, how the other people here chose to play this game, that makes it so exceptional.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Hell, I wonder if there are managers out there with stories like that as you sorta look up the ladder, you know, and help improve your club by seeing what's working around our lil fake baseball world lol.

You have no idea.

Best advice I got was talking to Hasel, JJ, and Tiger. Followed those guys right up the ladder. Then lost to all three in Legends. Jerks.

And if Seca knew how many seasons I dissected his pitching stats in the late 20's, trying to emulate those settings, well...then it would just be weird.

But yeah, I looked at the successful clubs. Biggest eye-opener was some of them weren't any more talented than mine. Pick a club who's style is similar to what you want to do. That's a great jumping-off point. You can tweak it from there.
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
I would just like to add that, like Babe Ruth calling his shot, I was swept for the first time this season today.

Yup, should have kept the old trap shut and just kept logging miles on 2045 :D
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/manager/1661

Obvi, Brookview's Jesse "The Gambler" Nichols dialed up ol' Willie Win Streak.

Always tomorrow, my man. Except when NO ONE IN BROKEN BAT has a game tomorrow. ;)
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I would just like to add that, like Babe Ruth calling his shot, I was swept for the first time this season today.

Yup, should have kept the old trap shut and just kept logging miles on 2045 :D

The Broken Bat gods are a capricious lot ;)

Previous Page | Show All |