Help

Forum >> Help >> manger   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
Choice is yours every owner wants better manager. Find better at what you want. Training find good at teaching the game.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, that basically means everything other than pitching and fielding skills. So he will be very bad at teaching hitting. I would actually prioritize hitting over pitching because pitchers develop well in the majors without a lot of help. Where you prioritize fielding vrs hitting is really up to you. But if you are looking to develop that young team, I would try to get a guy who doesn't have any negatives for any of the three training attributes.
gocubs16

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
ok i signed him already but if yall got any ideas for me just let me know
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You can still sign someone else. Even the guy I listed is better. Given you are a young team rebuilding, I would really focus on getting someone who is better at training players.
gocubs16

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
ok thanks
rogerdoger2

Chapel Hill Braves
V.2

Broken Bat Baseball
So, do managers improve? If I hire someone who is 10's across the board, will he eventually show signs of getting better? Or does he remain a ten forever?
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Managers do not improve, they are already as good as they will be.

However, their ratings will change and you will eventually see how good/bad they are.

You have to pay attention to the scouting report:

Strange does not have a defensive report, a pitching development report, or fielding development report. He is neither positive or negative in those stats. Those stats are 10's.

Strange does have an positive offensive report, a negative pitching report, and a negative player development report. Those stats are not 10's.

Just a guess, but he's probably 17 offense, 10 defense, 9 pitching. Maybe a 3 in developing hitters, 10 developing pitchers, and 10 developing fielders.

Strange will push the envelope offensively, you'll score a few more runs. You'll still develop young players, but maybe you miss out on that fraction of a point in their hitting development.

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/forum/1/2/3700
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@gocubs - you should have stuck with the manager you had when you took on the team. Roman was pretty good.
gocubs16

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
ok

Previous Page | Show All |