Help

Forum >> Help >> Left Handed Infielders   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
For 2B and SS they are given a fielding penalty. Weird I know, but that is how Steve implemented it. I'm not 100% sure on Catchers, but I suspect its a penalty on catching base stealers.
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
A penalty, yes, but how much of a penalty?

Updated Thursday, March 26 2020 @ 12:16:41 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Only Steve knows the exact number.
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Again, I don't understand why something like this needs to be secretive. Does Steve have a team?
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, he does have a team. The owner of Ferrari we assume drives a Ferrari.

The designer of this game has discussed with us that BB should NOT be a mathematical equation, so none of us will ever understand everything. 😉 There are occasional hints from him written on the forum, so feel free to ask, but expect ambiguity or silence.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve has never given us any numbers in the engine. The stuff posted in the forums is just stuff that we figured out (and may be inaccurate). That's a big part of any sports sim (or sim in general). Not very fun if you know everything that is happening under the hood.
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I have limited experience playing sports management games, but in the others i play the rules don't seem so...opaque as Broken Bat does. This penalty for left handed infielders is a good example. Something like that should be common knowledge in my opinion.
Jerbeetwo

Tyler Goldendoodles
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I would not consider using a left handed C, 2B, SS, or 3B. It doesn’t work well in real life and shouldn’t work well in a sim game. I don’t need to know the penalty but very glad there is one.
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
per what Rock said above, 2b & SS have the mysterious penalty...also 3b does, i noticed one teams lineup had a lefty at 3B and there was a small red x alongside the player's name...when the cursor is hovered over the red x there is a brief note about left handed infielder penalty applying
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think its more superstition than anything else. But Baseball players (and managers) are notoriously superstitious. The "reasons" a lefty can't play those positions are super exaggerated (especially at Catcher). Still there aren't many in real life, so the game is reasonably trying to emulate that fact.

Here is a lefty playing the 3B. As you can see it far from impossible (or even difficult).

Previous Page | Show All |