Help

Forum >> Help >> Made some improvements   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Chase1butler

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
About 2 weeks ago I asked for help on my team. I made a lot of signings and cuts and I think there’s some significant improvements to my depth and farm system. Let me know what you guys think
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 This is after having looked at your roster, lineup, and pitching assignments. I didn’t poke at the Minors at all.

———————————————

Chambers isn’t a bad option for shortstop, but I’d honestly play him as a backup to (or late-inning replacement for) Kirby, whose range is a little better for the job. Plus, Kirby’s glove still has plenty of room to grow. Alternately, Chambers at the hot corner could be a better idea.

Zamora doesn’t really have enough consistency in his bat to justify the low defensive stats, particularly range. He should probably be a backup third baseman.

Haller’s arm put him in right field for me. He would also make a serviceable shortstop in case of emergency.

Aguilar is a catcher, pure and simple. He should hold things down nicely back there for the next few seasons. His arm is being wasted at first base.

Salvador is, unfortunately, left handed, or I would put him at shortstop in a heartbeat. He’s a good fit for center field, though.

Cano strikes me as either a first baseman or a Dan-Uggla-esque second baseman — he won’t be a Gold Glover, but his range is alright and his fielding isn’t a total loss at the position. Then again, you already have Villareal for second base, so…

I don’t really see much use for Gutierrez — and that’s coming from the owner of the Boca Raton Seagulls. At best he’s a backup first baseman or backup DH, and he absolutely should not be allowed behind the plate with that arm. Also, his growth has been abysmal the past couple of seasons. I’d cut him, personally.

Villarreal is a pretty good fit for second base, as mentioned earlier.

Mize is another guy who shouldn’t be allowed behind home plate. Unless you plan on keeping him as a pinch runner or emergency outfielder, he’s an easy cut.

Summer has some potential offensive upside, but I’m not keen on his range for the outfield. Backup right fielder or first baseman, or possibly DH.

I’m not rightly sure what I would do with Terry. His hitting is coming along nicely, but he’s probably a backup outfielder/shortstop at his ceiling.

Becker is sort of an odd build, he may be a good OBP but mediocre OPS guy when he caps. He’s a better backup first base option than Gutierrez, though.

…I take it back; Aguilar is your backup catcher. Start DeLeon behind the plate.

Tejeda is an awesome late-inning defensive replacement or pinch running option, quite possibly worth keeping for those reasons alone. With hitting like that, though, there’s no way I’d try starting him.

I’d be mindful of Salmon’s falling GB/FB ratio, but he should have another season or two left in him. Speaking as someone from your neighboring league which also goes up to V.15, though, he might not fare well next season if you promote, though.

Arenas should do alright this season, but watch Training Update #0 on him next season and don’t be shy on the trigger if he falls off a cliff. (I’ve made that mistake before. More than once. And I still haven’t learned. ¬.¬; )

Ditto for Katō.

Hayes is an iffy one for me. I love the control, but the fastball doesn’t quite have enough oomf behind it to make up for the lack of secondary pitches.

I’m not sold on Simpson, but he looks like a decent long relief option. Again, mind Training Update #0 next season on him.

Lugli looks like he should be a stud this season. He should do alright next season even if Training Update #0 pokes at him a bit.

Ditto for Rios except even more so.

Why is Lerma not your closer? Between the low stamina and the absolute filth at his command, there is no one better for the job on your staff.

Minton should be your workhorse out of the bullpen.

If Roman keeps his GB/FB up like that, he could really come into his own once you get all of your infield sorted.

Gallegos is still too young to really say much about, but I’m not a fan of pitch-all-day comments on 12 POT pitchers. Start him if you want him to grow, but it could be painful for a while, and even then he may wind up as a spot starter at best.

Goetz looks like the kind of fellow I hunt for on the free agent list as the ’Gulls. If he gets another point on velocity and/or movement, he ought to be serviceable. That said, do be on the lookout for better than just serviceable — you shouldn’t be that desperate.

Tillman has more tied up in defense than I like on an 11 POT player, and not enough of a fastball comment to really draw my attention. Not a fan of him, and certainly not as a closer.
Chase1butler

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the comments. Can someone looks at minors though please
nxck98

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Help my roster ASAP (Pitching advice needed)
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the comments. Can someone looks at minors though please

Minors looks great.

Only suggestion is maybe focus on adding a couple pitchers. You have 5 pitchers that are 32 and older on your big club.
A good rule of thumb for the minors is 2 pitchers per minor league level imo.
Chase1butler

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@nxck98, with your pitchers, you could try and play around with their hooks and pitch counts to see if anything changes. I think right now being so early in the season, their stats will probably balance out.

Previous Page | Show All |