Help

Forum >> Help >> Arm Strength and Infielders   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
My 2nd base guy has an eight arm, is that anywhere close to what i need for a double play regularly? Which got me wondering, what would most managers see as an acceptable range of ARM for 2B, SS and 3B on their teams? Thank you.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Arm is a gravy stat at every position but C.

I like 15 on the left side of the infield, but it's far from required (imo). I used an 11 arm SS for the better part of the last decade. He did fine. 8 at 2B is fine. (Mine has 6).

I think it's astute you are looking at DPs. I think they fly under the radar for a lot of managers. Very important on both sides of the ball.

Broomfield (Legends) is a good case study. They are last in the league this season (with half as many turned as #11). Position knowledge > fielding > arm is how I would prioritize things for turning lots of DPs. That hierarchy is consistent with the Roadrunners results this season.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I don't think Arm matters at 2B, but a good Arm at 3B can be advantageous (or you might think, I have no numbers to back that up) and I believe its a huge plus at SS - you can get by with solid fielders (13-15) or an average Arm, but ideally you want as much Range as you can get, so two out of three is the aim I guess.

And it took me a few seasons to figure out that double plays really matter here. We were not a defensive team by any means when I started but we're much better now. Similarly, GIDP on offence is an absolute killer. I've purposely added guys to my lineup that have good OBP skills as we transitioned from a pure power team, but look at O'Conner - for a lefty catcher there hasn't been any real negative fielding impact: throws out 35% of base runners and won a Gold Glove last season. Plus his AVG and OBP are good at the top of the lineup. BUT...look at those GIDP numbers, and extreme groundball tendencies...I wonder just how much that affects my offence. I've played him at the bottom of the order at times in the hope it might minimise the damage but I'm not sure it makes a huge difference. I just hope the good outweighs the bad.

Previous Page | Show All |