Help

Forum >> Help >> Closer   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
JuanCarlos_BY

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
How do I make my closer throw in the 9th inning with the game tied? I have him with the "smallest RD" in 0 and he does not come to pitch. Yesterday I lost 2 games in the 9th inning because my closer did not enter the game that was tied.
jakala2018

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I looked at manual - Relief Pitching Algorithm.
My best guess is because you changed Closer role similar to other reliefs(smallest RD = 0), so the game will set Closer as the last relief Pitcher to show up.

Unless all pitchers (other than Starters) are fatigue. Then your Closer will show up as the last choice.

I might be wrong though, and someone might explain better then me.
Oloof22

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
According to the manual closer can olny enter the game when: "If Save Situation (except for no-hitter)" - i'm not sure what that means (probably winning by 1-5 points, 8th or later inning), or in a rare case when your pitcher threw "above 155 for starting pitchers and 105 for relief pitchers." In this second case closer is one of the last pitchers to enter. So I think you just didn't meet the "Save Situation" requirement.

Updated Thursday, November 15 2018 @ 5:38:12 am PST
jakala2018

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

So I think you just didn't meet the "Save Situation" requirement.

Yes, i think so. By setting RD = 0 or negative, it will neglect the Save Situation for Closer to enter when you need him.

The game then will decide the Closer function similar as other reliefs not as a saver anymore. And it will most likely for the Closer to enter as the "last choice" based on Algorithm.

Previous Page | Show All |