Help

Forum >> Help >> Rank, Rating and Prestige   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
What are the...parameters...for Rank, Rating and Prestige? For example, it says my Prestige is eleven. Eleven out of what? Same with the others...I have no mental frame of reference. What's a decent rating in each one, what stinks? How do they effect the game? Thank you.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Check the Help Forum for the Game Manual & Rules:-

Rating: Continuously updated estimate of the team's strength based on regular season, cup and playoff wins.

Prestige: Accumulated prestige from winning divisions, leagues, cups and playoff series.

Fan Mood
: A measure of the current fan mood and the likelihood that larger numbers will show up in attendance for home games.
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Rank & Rating are related---the more rating points you have, the higher you rank...the ranking order includes all 756 teams in Broken Bat.

I other threads I explained how rating is calculated

http://brokenbat.org/forum/0/6/5816

and also how Fan Mood is calculated...however Fan Mood is still a work in process, i have not yet determined the effect playoff games have on Fan Mood---i've already posted my findings for League and Cup games

http://brokenbat.org/forum/0/2/179

Ok, so that leaves Prestige. From research I've done, Prestige points are awarded only for winning a championship for a division, a league or cup...

the higher the league level the greater the number of points awarded...below are the formulas for calculating prestige points added when you win:

a - Division Championship (7 - League Level)

b - League Championship (7 - League Level) * 2

C - Cup Championship ( 10 )

re: Cup, no points for anyone except the champion

your Prestige points are increased at the end of the season I believe

Prestige points, according to the game manual, increase your merchandise revenue...i do not know if they affect attendance.

I am not sure how much additional merchandise revenue results from prestige increase

Updated Wednesday, June 3 2020 @ 9:32:21 pm PDT
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
just in case you are wondering how i came to the above conclusion re: earning prestige points and perhaps you wish to test my claim, here is what i did

i went to the ratings page, sorted the page by prestige ascending, then visited the team history page for numerous teams...starting with the teams with least prestige...then i counted the blue and red trophies (1st place finishes) noting the league level...and trying to determine the correlation between prestige points and trophy number/color...soon a pattern became clear...

Level 6 division championship 1 point
Level 6 league championship 2 point

Level 5 division championship 2 point
Level 5 league championship 4 point

Level 4 division championship 3 point
Level 4 league championship 6 point

and so on up to legends level

notice, the prestige points increase by 1 for each level up for a division championship, by 2 for league championship

i checked about 20 teams and was able to figure out/recalculate prestige points a franchise had based on trophy count...i did not notice any teams gaining points for Cup play even though some teams advanced to round 5 of the cup

for Cup championship i looked at last years winner, and 10 points was the difference between calculated sum of prestige for league play and his current total.

if you try to recalculate as per the above and reach a different total, please post...caution: if you team had a bankruptcy in it's history, the prestige points earned prior to bankruptcy should have been removed (per the game manual)

Updated Wednesday, June 3 2020 @ 1:07:08 pm PDT
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
***Clarification Update to Prestige Formula***the above post was vague about division & championship points--sorry, my mistake, see bolded words added for the clarification

Rank & Rating are related---the more rating points you have, the higher you rank...the ranking order includes all 756 teams in Broken Bat.

I other threads I explained how rating is calculated

http://brokenbat.org/forum/0/6/5816

and also how Fan Mood is calculated...however Fan Mood is still a work in process, i have not yet determined the effect playoff games have on Fan Mood---i've already posted my findings for League and Cup games

http://brokenbat.org/forum/0/2/179

Ok, so that leaves Prestige. From research I've done, Prestige points are awarded only for winning a championship for a division, a league or cup...

the higher the league level the greater the number of points awarded...below are the formulas for calculating prestige points added when you win:

a - Division Championship (7 - League Level)

IF YOU WIN LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP DO NOT INCLUDE POINTS FOR DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP IN YOUR TOTALS

b - League Championship (7 - League Level) * 2

C - Cup Championship ( 10 )

re: Cup, no points for anyone except the champion

your Prestige points are increased at the end of the season I believe

Prestige points, according to the game manual, increase your merchandise revenue...i do not know if they affect attendance.

I am not sure how much additional merchandise revenue results from prestige increase

Updated Wednesday, June 3 2020 @ 9:32:21 pm PDT

Updated Tuesday, November 17 2020 @ 3:19:44 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All |