Help

Forum >> Help >> Skyrocketing payroll...help!   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a player who's salary jumped in 2 years from .90 million to 4.2 million. He is a 30yr old player, and my best offensive player. But suddenly i can't afford him...what gives? His ID# is 125341. Thank you.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Where to begin...

It depends on your finances and if you've built them up to a decent level. If you have and you hope to promote back up to LLV then hang on to all those high salaries. If you haven't you need to start figuring out who needs to go. I've seen many LLVI teams who don't pay anyone over $1.25M, and sometimes less: they're playing young guys with upside with a longterm plan. But that shows you basically have two choices at your level: play for now, or build for the future.

Munguia isn't really the problem, he has the sort of bat you need to keep in order to promote - and I don't see you rebuilding yet, your majors roster is too old for that. If money is short the problem then is all the other guys making $1.7M and more. This is where balancing the books comes in. If you can pay all those guys and think you have a shot then go for it - if it doesn't work out you can start cutting them halfway.

Some other thoughts:-

*Segui hasn't hit enough for his money.
*Fujisaki has been decent at 2B but has too many errors for my liking.
*Serrano doesn't hit enough for me.
*Guzman can hit and has done a decent job but isn't really a SS, not enough of any of the defensive abilities.
*Kim is a defensive replacement for me, I don't play glove-only guys anywhere but SS.
*Your two top-end relievers are great but they're a luxury, nearly $6M at LLVI is too much.
*Park isn't worth the money, and neither are Norman and particularly Jordan ($3M for a guy who capped early?).

There's a bunch of ways to keep Munguia and move other parts around or out, just a matter of finding a balance that works for you.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
When I joined BB my teams finance was -20mil. Now I have 100mil+ I gained above 5-10mil a year since start. I feel lucky because my teams had some very good players who never got paid higher. Financial building for upper leagues only if you gonna get promotion. If you just want to win and see your player win the MVP or other trophies then pay them.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
Also when I got my team. I dropped a lot of players back then 2022 season. Took me 5 seasons to get a player of waivers who was more than 50k. Till this day you can find good players on waivers for cheap.
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks gentlemen...good info!
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Also, i went ahead and dropped a lot of the guys you said weren't worth the money that i'm spending on them. When i can draft a player, i almost always draft a high-schooler or college player...so hopefully that will begin to pay off, eventually. I'm not really worried about winning IF i know i'm building for a better team down the line. Thanks again.

Previous Page | Show All |