Help

Forum >> Help >> Punt?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Ah the elusive POT 15. Someday, in a reality that doesn't get corrupted and deleted, I will have a POT 15 on my team too.
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock LOL! I feel for you man!
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
So.

Dinos exceeded average case by a game. 4-2 vs. Edmond and Allentown. 2-1 vs. Bloom.

Kal also fell between the bounds I predicted. Also 6-3.

Means the Dinos need a 4 game sweep. And Bagley, possible Cy Young and like 5-1 vs. Kal this season, out.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm sure I can hear 3 million Dino tears somewhere...

;)
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Heh. Ya, score one for Seca over the forum jockeys.

If I hadn't made that post I most certainly would have punted. (Almost punted as it was). Would have saved some money, allowed me to play some young guys.

Maybe a good lesson for posters to the help forum. If you make a well thought out decision, decent chance it's better than the shoot-from-the-hip responses here.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 …As long as you keep in mind that some of the responses against punting were also well thought out. ^.~

I didn’t get involved in the conversation, but I was wholeheartedly in favor of you going for it. It was knee-jerk, but it’s what I would have done. It’s what I did do down in V.4, in fact. I came up short, sure, but only because of run differential. Am I likely to do it again? Absolutely.

Yes, I understand the benefits of sacrificing the Now in the hopes of bettering the Future. But what happens when that Future never shows up as brightly as you thought it would? When that Future becomes the new Now, are you going to sacrifice that Now for a better Future, too? When is the Future of the Past finally the Now that you act upon?

Sometimes you really do have to go for it with everything you’ve got. The disappointment of a near miss is a lot easier to deal with in the long run than the what-if gnawing at you afterward. At least this way you know you did your damnedest and you can pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and charge back in again next season without second guessing what you’ve done.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ah, the it-didn't-work-out-so-I-did-the-wrong-thing fallacy. Virtually every response was "of course you have to try to win." I can't comprehend how there even was a question. Can you imagine the backlash in the real world if a team 2 games back with around 12 left benched four or five starters because they wanted to give youngsters some playing time?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yep. I stand by my post. Same situation I'd advise going for it again. In the 2035 season replay I went from promoting to demoting. No one can know for sure how a series of games will turn out. If you have reasonable chance to win, its only good sportsmanship to try. Cutting bait at that point in the season only 2 games back would have shown poor competitor spirit.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
lol this thread
he's just trolling
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't know how I missed this thread. But miss it I did. Maybe its too late to weigh in but I'm glad you didnt punt. It would have been anticlimactic. It would have disappointed many hardcore broken bat vets. And maybe most importantly, I wanted your best effort. Who knows what 2038 brings but I, like many others, will believe Waterloo has completed an amazing run in Legends when I see the Dinos in LL II.
Thanks for seeing it through!

Previous Page | Show All |