Help

Forum >> Help >> drafting   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If you want someone who knows the International pool talk to Yuri.
phareux56

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
thanks guys I appreciate the help, and the quick answers.

Mike
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Some other points:-

I always prioritise very good potential players over good potentials, over everything else. But that doesn't offer any guarantees. For instance, I drafted Archuleta over his namesake in 2028, and cut the former three weeks later. They've both turned out pretty well but based purely on the scouting reports and not potential alone you'd have probably taken the latter - I regretted it immediately, especially considering I was badly in need of a strong shortstop prospect then.

But even when you do land a potential superstar, you're still not guaranteed anything. Players from the Latin America pool have a tendency to develop slowly, which is why you'll see a bunch of high potential players on the waiver wire - they just haven't grown quickly enough to be useful contributors. And other players will just max out early, no matter how strictly you follow their promotions (or not) or how much (or how little) playing time you give them. I gave Baird all he could handle, and he capped early (as coincidentally did Jansen, drafted in the exact same spot). Same with Gann, who may still gain a point here or there (with any luck), but who looks to have capped two updates into last season.

Both of these last two players are really good, and may play better than advertised SI-wise (and I sure as heck wouldn't swap them), but I use them to illustrate the point that you never know what you're going to get - sometimes, even when you've got it!

And lastly, players with decent reports might have low starting potential, but there have been plenty of examples of players who have 'popped' to the next level (from 12 POT to 13 POT, say). Sometimes its worth gambling on a decent 12 POT turning into something better in time.
phareux56

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks again :)
phareux56

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So, what day game wise should you draft
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Friday is probably best. Nice pick you got, better hope he moves quick.
ajanirr

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks so much i learned who to pick going good so far

http://brokenbat.org/player/187958
http://brokenbat.org/player/187360
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
@ajanirr - Two good picks there! Lake would make a very nice 3B.
Trebbie

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I drafted 1 15 potential. SP. Lost him. Was the year server crashed. Got him for half a year and it was amazing lol.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That is the only time I have ever drafted a POT 15 too.

Previous Page | Show All |