Help

Forum >> Help >> Team Evaluation   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
simpleton54

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I still consider myself new to this because I still have so much to learn.

This year has been a rough one for me so far. I am writing this post to seek some help. What should I do regarding my team? Honestly, go all out and give me your opinions... I am open to all suggestions.

I need to know if I should drop older guys and let the younger guys start getting some playing time. What should I do with my rotation? Any pointers regarding who I should keep/drop, etc would be great!

Thanks and I appreciate it,
Mike
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
First up - love the logo!

You're certainly not out of the race - either to promote or to avoid relegation so here's a couple of pointers.

- you have a lot of guys in the majors without hitting comments and I think this shows up in your stats.
- Very impressed with the defense
- Pitching looks solid enough - put Albuqueque back in A ball if you're gonna keep him - looks like a lost cause to me, you're better off kicking him to touch and picking up another arm

Guys I'd consider cutting (in addition to Albuqueque)
Amador - looks like an OK back up C, but at 91 SI and 27 years old he needs to be playing every day and I don't think hes good enough for that.
Black - not much of a bat, 4th OF at best
Bench - he's a worse version of Atherton, he's not going to get many AB's so let him go
Berra - should not be playing SS with 7 fielding. Utility bench guy at best
Rojas - do not cut! but don't let him play 3B anymore, Atherton is your best 3B. Give him the DH slot.
Banks - can't hit, I think you can upgrade upon him
Cooper - needs more AB's, slot him in every day and I think you'll reap the rewards. Can play him at 3B if required
Verhoeven - great bench bat, but also has enough glove that he could justify being your starting SS

Pitching looks fine although aging, try to pick up a 25/26 year old 12-13 pot guy who can grow behind your veterans for next season.

Hope that's of some help!
simpleton54

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

Glad you like the logo, haha.

Previous Page | Show All |