Forum >> Help >> New Player   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Ciccoman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi, this is my last draft:
https://brokenbat.org/player/178135
the scouting report is:
It can turn into a decent slugger. It can be fantastic in the field. It has a good overall potential.
Currently it is OF I should have it play on the field (1B, 2B), what would you recommend?
Thanks
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Range is waaay too low for the outfield and as a lefty his only infield position is 1st base.
Ciccoman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for your help
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Firstly ensure you have read the Setting Up Your Defense section in the Game Manual. This will answer most of your initial questions.

This guy is a left-hander and you will see from the guidance that he is not best suited to C, 2B, 3B or SS; he will receive a small penalty fielding in these positions whereas a right-hander won't.

Left-handers are best suited to 1B and OF, I mostly put my best LH fielders at 1B or CF. To play in the outfield ideally you would like him to have either range (LF), arm (RF) or both (CF).

In my view this guy is not ideal because of his below average range and arm values but can provide cover (or plug a gap in your line-up) in any of these positions because of his fielding skills. Where you put him will depend on the fielding strength of the other players on your roster.

If he was mine, I would train him as 1B and / or OF depending on where you have most need.

Updated Sunday, June 10 2018 @ 4:40:19 am PDT

Updated Sunday, June 10 2018 @ 4:43:01 am PDT

Updated Sunday, June 10 2018 @ 4:44:35 am PDT
Ciccoman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you for your answer, yes I read the manual but the replies of experienced players can help more directly, for example you have advised me on how you would develop and for me is an important help. Thanks again
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Welcome to BB! Good that you read the manual, you have all the basics then. And never be afraid to ask for help around here ;)

About the player, I don't know about the rest of your minors roster (might be not too good since you just started), but this guy will never make the majors, even in LL VI. Fielding will be wasted since as leftie he can't play infield, and he has no range and arm for outfield. Could play DH, but with 12 potential and a lot of points wasted into fielding, that's not good too. I think you can find better players than him on free agent market.
Ciccoman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you for your welcome. I thought about freeing it. I think it's useless to keep it on the team ....
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hold on! Your guy could definitely play 1B. Unfortunately that's really the only place for him and a glove. The bigger question is will his bat be good enough to put him there? Without a positive hitting comment, the answer is probably no. It's possible, just not probable.

You have two or three other guys in your minors that could go before him. I'm not sure why you still have Hudson. A 9 overall pitcher is an easy cut no matter what. I would also likely get rid of Kane and Hickman before Zhang. The other 11s are close, too.

Updated Monday, June 11 2018 @ 4:20:56 am PDT
Ciccoman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have to do a nice cleaning, it's time for these guys to go to work :)

Thanks mate.

Previous Page | Show All |