Help

Forum >> Help >> New - help, please   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
monarch

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi, just got my team and I need a bit of direction. I'm in league iv.3, so should I be concentrating on cutting costs and training for the future, giving younger players experience, with the expectation of dropping down to the bottom level, or should I be trying to maximizing what I already have?

I'm not sure yet how to evaluate my talent, or how to compare it to my competition.

I'm reading over the rules and help files I've found so far, but it would be helpful to know how I should prioritize my first steps. In my situation, where would your focus be? Thanks.
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
dont cut anyone. Free agency will be closed until the new season starts... welcome to brokenbat!
monarch

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Okay, I'll keep my roster as is for now, thanks. But should I prioritize giving experience to younger players, rather than expecting to win with what I have? Or is winning at this level as a new team an actual possibility?

Also, it looks like I have a limited time to adjust my stadium. Whether or not to reduce it in size would depend on my expectations for the next few seasons, I think, which brings me back to my first question, I guess.

I've got a little bit of experience playing other sports management games, like hattrick, so my instincts tell me to focus on training and building from the ground up. But that may very well not be how this game is played. All advice welcome :)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
When you take over a new team in BB, the players remain the same. So you aren't forced into immediately rebuilding a team from the ground up. You can almost certainly make improvements, but it may not require something drastic.

It looks like your team is trying to stay out of relegation right now. Its always good to get young players playing time, but if you slip into relegation you will demote. So it depends on your goals and your players.
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Also, dont trhrow minor players to majors until they are ready. Their salary will be inreased.
monarch

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks. How can I tell whether a minor league player should be moved up or down a league? And for that matter, whether or not a younger player on my current major league roster who doesn't get much starting experience might be better off in AAA? A player gets more training benefits in the minors, right?

Also, are there any good stadium capacity, and dimension references/guidelines anywhere?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The manual has some rough estimates for what size you should go with. But you can also look at other people in your division to see how many people they are drawing. I usually shoot to sell out around 10 times a season.

For the most part, I would just follow the AI advice on promotions when you start out. The only exception would be 25 year old guys who have less then a year in AAA. The AI always recommends 25 year olds to the majors regardless of how ready they are.

Previous Page | Show All |