Help

Forum >> Help >> Pitching managment   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
pyrog

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Having a little trouble understanding the pitching management.

http://brokenbat.org/game/2717387

In the game above I was losing 4-1 when my SP was replaced by my MR2 (kreuger). I currently have my LR1, MR1, and SU1 set as -3/4 Smallest RD/Largest RD. I assumed this meant pitcher will come in when losing by 3 to up by 4? Why did my MR2 come in?

Both my MR1 (martinez) and MR2 have same first inning set to 5. Neither was fatigued. MR2 has default RD settings.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The RD setting is restrictive, but doesn't create a priority.

Both your MR1 and your MR2 could be brought into the game. I don't know how the AI picks which guy to bring in first. I would have expected the MR1 to come in first, but maybe it does a coin toss.

Updated Wednesday, April 11 2018 @ 11:54:42 am PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Okay, I'll give up a little "secret." I don't remember anyone ever talking about this, including Steve, but I don't think it's random at all. If you have a lefty and righty assigned to middle relief and both meet the entry requirements, it will select the pitching-handedness that matches the batter. I believe that also applies to set-up and long relief. But shhhhhh. It's our little secret.
pyrog

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What a creepy way to answer a question. I hope whatever you do doesn't involve children. Thanks!

Previous Page | Show All |