Help

Forum >> Help >> Raising up young players to the majors   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
sadman

Shamokin Hot Chili's
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi all.

I have a few really young players on my roster whom I have promoted to majors due to the recommendation of the game. I didn't think to question this until I saw a few threads talking about putting guys back down if they are young and potentially not reaching their potential if I dont! Please help. Do we really go against the games recommendation and if so, why is it recommending guys to be promoted who aren't ready?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
There is some fuzziness programmed into the AI. The recommendations aren't always perfectly optimal, but they are generally pretty close. In generally, I wouldn't stress about it until the point of AAA -> Majors. Probably not even then. You won't go too wrong following the AI recommendation.

Players usually spend a similar amount of time at each level. So taking a look at a guy like Briones, he has progressed at an incredibly fast rate, but he has done so throughout his entire minors career. Plus he looks to be pretty well developed already. So it was probably the right recommendation by the AI to bring him up this year.

GutiƩrrez is more suspect. Having spent 2.5 seasons at both A and AA, and then only playing 11 games at AAA. This one may have been effected by the training glitch? He is already at 106 SI, so it doesn't seem like he has been too badly effected if it was an early call-up.

Some of those guys you put back down to AAA could possibly use more time there, but I wouldn't stress it too much. Depends if you need them up on the team or not. I personally try to give guys more time in AAA, but most of my guys stunt anyhow, so not sure how much it helps. Caballero is young, but he has established a very fast growth rate.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I personally try to give my guys 1.5 years of AAA, but if they were in AAA during the training glitch then I made it more like 0.75-1.0 years.

The other recommendations I follow.

Just remember, if they haven't spent too much time (1.5 years or less) in AAA, and you won't be able to give them playing time if you call them up, then just leave them down. This is especially true for position players. For pitchers, it's much easier to feed them innings.

Updated Thursday, March 22 2018 @ 2:03:59 pm PDT
sadman

Shamokin Hot Chili's
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Thnkyou so much for your help guys. I was worried I had missed some crucial info about putting guys up early = not getting to their max level.

Cheers!

Previous Page | Show All |