Help

Forum >> Help >> This players call up seems very early.   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
g10rsh

Champaign Suzumebachi
VI.2

Broken Bat Baseball
What do you guys think?

http://brokenbat.org/player/136311
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm probably more conservative than most just because I have been bitten so often by following the AI's advice, but to me that definitely looks early. I'd leave him down for a few more weeks. His Hitting is only 10 right now, which means he still has a TON of growing to do. On the other hand he has really flown through the ranks. Given how little time he required at the other levels, he probably requires less then 1.5 years at AAA. Still should be very low risk leaving him down for a few more weeks given his young age (and the fact he won't be helpful in the majors). Unless his performance improves drastically, I wouldn't be in a hurry to promote him as all.
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I would leave him on the minors and continue to develop his 1b skills. For me he doesn't have enough SI to call up and get regular at bats. If you get to the all star break and he isn't growing in the minors I might then promote him but I think you can leave him down to learn 1b and he can still gain SI.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with Rock's assessment. I have seen guys like that come up and pan out, and others who didn't hit their potential. For that reason, I might play it safe and leave him down til the all-star break or maybe the end of this season at the latest. I don't think his SI is bad for where it is supposed to end up, but I do think that his hitting skill in particular is a little low for where it is supposed to end up. Still, I could go either way on this guy.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I can certainly understand the cautious advice, because I think many posters here have had prospects who haven't pushed on once promoted. But Alicea has moved quickly - 26 SI gained in three seasons, and between 89-97 games played at A, AA and AAA (an even number at all three levels). He could easily gain 26 SI more over the next three seasons, so I'd say he's ready. Though the early results are likely to be poor, if he moves like that you'll have a stud hitter fully developed at just 25-years old.
Huaraches25

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/159414
How about this player?
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
He is within striking distance on every skill (no more than 4 or 5 away), but is over 20 SI away overall. Could go either way. At 22 it wouldn't hurt to give him a half a season at AAA just in case, unless you really need him in the Majors now.

Previous Page | Show All |