Help

Forum >> Help >> 0-5 start...HELP!!!!   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
mjreichard

New Orleans Knights
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Ok, so I took over this team a few seasons ago...it was a mess. I was a little over .500, a little under .500, won a championship then lost 100+ games.

Starting this year 0-5. I have no idea what I did right to win a championship, because it is clearly not working now, and what I am doing wrong now.

Can you look at my team? Where I am making mistakes? What intricacies of the game am I missing?
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
First, Aguilera should NEVER be playing catcher with an 8 arm. I could probably run on an 8 arm, and I'm slow.

Second, Skinner your SS has 10 fielding and 13 range, that's just bad for the most important defensive position in Broken Bat. Yeah, he's great with a bat and should definitely be on the field, but that build screams right field, not shortstop.

Generally, you look to have a good mix of defensive players (though you seem to be building on offense), but you have several players at the wrong positions. They probably were already there when you took over, but I would correct it as soon as possible. It will be painful, but your current defensive setup definitely isn't helping your troubles.

A large portion of your roster looks to be a lot older than I ever was after the first season I took over while in the lower leagues. Even if you right the ship with these guys, they likely won't take you much further with 15 players 32 or older.

Toro isn't going to develop any more at his age and innings.

Carpenter is a very bad build.

Overall assessment, your hitting is fine. Your defense, pitching, and age are killing you though.

Immediate fixes: Move guys you already have to the proper places on defense. Try to place claims on some 24-26 year old pitchers who have no major league experience, and drop the old pitchers (and bad ones) one by one as you win claims. Get your minor league guys training at their optimal defensive positions for your team as soon as possible if they aren't already. Finally, you can make tweaks to your lineup to optimize it once you have a bigger sample size.

Long term fixes: Promote guys from the minors as they are ready, and insert in the correct places.

Really getting good pitching in this game relies on luck and continuing to place claims and keep drafting.

Edit: Looked at your draft picks, and I think overall your drafting looks solid. Unfortunately you cut your best pitching prospect you drafted outside of this season's #1 pick.

Updated Wednesday, August 9 2017 @ 5:10:14 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You can reference this thread for suggestions on positioning your players.
Solana_Steve

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd offer help...but started 0-5 myself. :-(

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Maybe you should ask for a refund Steve ;) You've paid what, 100,000 man hours to play this game? Very expensive for such results, LOL.

Now please don't curse my team with bad luck, LOL!
mjreichard

New Orleans Knights
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Made some defensive changes, a few pitching changes and hired a new manager...won 5 in a row!

It isn't likely to last, I know, but I appreciate the help...it seems to have turned the ship back towards respectability!
mjreichard

New Orleans Knights
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I've fought back to 11-10 after that 0-5 start...thanks for the advice! Haven't been able to make all the moves I'd like, waivers are tough to win, but moving that direction.

Previous Page | Show All |