Help

Forum >> Help >> Where to train   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
sShadow

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Kaline may get little more FLD while Garavagila has 4 more ARM. Anyway, I recommend both to train as SS on now, and one of them would start to convert OF on level AA-AAA.

It's your choice that prefer FLD or ARM so one of them need to go outfield, but I'm suspicious that position mark OF is really important as much as infielders.

Also, It's not late to choose their way after testing how they well develop on future and have more accurate range-arm reports. Kaline can get 1-2 ARM/RNG, Garavagila can lose 1-2 ARM/RNG at future. (I'm not sure to use word 'get' because I think it's not a training result, but have more accurate view on player. But anyway...)

Privately, I like Kaline as SS and Garavagila as CF. I think solid FLD is not enough for SS, and it's not waste for CF. My major CF Durham has 10-17-17 defensive rate, but have 7-8 errors each year while my LF-RF that have lower FLD than him but have only 0-2 errors each year. You can find another examples on FA tab easily. #1 #2 #3 #4
I suppose if fielder has bigger RNG, it require more FLD to do not make error on center field. Solid FLD is enough for 17 RNG, and maybe borderline of perfect CF fielding with 17 RNG..? Just assumption, not confirmed.

This is just my opinion/guess and choice is yours. You can have another opinion and then choice will be different. That's why we play this game.

Updated Saturday, May 20 2017 @ 7:15:47 am PDT
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I’m with Amalric. I’d put Kaline in center field and leave Garavaglia at short. I like the better arm there. It might be worth cross-training them both for outfield/shortstop, though, or at least I would. If the solid fielding is too suspect at short for your tastes after a test drive, you could always just swap them and see if the weaker arm is good enough to work with.

…Wait, you’re in my league. I’ve changed my mind, they’re garbage, all three of them, and you should just cut them. ^.~
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
I would put Kaline at SS. Galvamatucchio or whatever his name is I would move to CF. I like the arm better in CF. Plus I would want the outstanding fielding at short and the solid fielding can go to OF.
I don't mind the idea of training both of them at SS and making one an OF down the road.
Impy at 2B makes perfect sense.
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Everyone, thanks for the input. I think for now I'll train both of them at SS and just see what happens with their development. At least while they are at different levels. I also would like to send a special thanks to Tiger for giving Garavaglia the best nickname ever!
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
😂😂😂😂😂
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
FYI, they don't compete for playing time in the minors, so there isn't really issue with having two guys at the same level play the same position.
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

FYI, they don't compete for playing time in the minors, so there isn't really issue with having two guys at the same level play the same position.

Huh... I thought they did. Thanks for the heads up.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Basically they compete with EVERYONE at their level, because the teams are created randomly. So your guy is going to be competing against like 500 other players for a spot one of ~250 games or something (numbers are total swags). So if you have two guys at the same position, now they are competing against 501 players for ~250 spots. So technically they are competing, its just they are competing in a huge group, so its not really hurting their chances significantly.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Rock is correct. Random team assignments mean both these guys will/should get plenty minor league playing time, and not (its extremely unlikely) by competing against each other.

And I wouldn't train either of these guys at SS - I specified 2B. Impy is a 2B/OF, Kaline 2B/3B/OF.

IMO Arm is one of the most important traits for SS, and although I've started guys with a 13 Arm there I prefer 15+. Both these guys fall some way short of that, despite their other talents.

Updated Sunday, May 21 2017 @ 2:49:58 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think Arm is more important at 3B. 12 Arm is low, but I'd be ok giving the second guy a shot at SS.

First guy is best at 2B.

Updated Sunday, May 21 2017 @ 8:26:01 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |