Help

Forum >> Help >> Finances   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Giants4008

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Currently, I have lost almost 3 million dollars this season. Is this something I should be worried about, or will it resolve itself as the season goes on?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Depends on your overall finances (do you have some banked still), but I wouldn't worry about it. I've lost 12 Million so far this year, but it will come back up once we start selling tickets to regular season games.

Note that like myself you have yet to play a home game. So you have made $0 in ticket income from regular season games so far (just a couple cup games).

Can you see the previous year's finances on the Finances tab? If so, it should look similar this year as you are at the same level. Just substitute the player salaries (top of screen) and manager salary that you have this year in for the amount paid out last year. That should give you a good idea where you will stand at the end of the year.

Ballpark Expenses are entirely base on ball park size. If you change the size, that number will move a little.

Taxes are levied depending on your bank. If you don't have a lot you won't get a lot of taxes. If you are getting a lot of taxes, you don't need to worry much about money.

Franchise fees increase by League Level. Should be identical for you since you are in the same League.

Your revenues should be about the same unless you changed your ballpark size.

The biggest factor in attendance in League Level (and fan mood to a lesser degree), so unless you were selling out your stadium you shouldn't have increased the ballpark size. If you are never selling it out, you may have wanted to reduce it.

Updated Friday, December 23 2016 @ 7:42:55 pm PST
Hatleyville

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I took a look at your player salaries, and you shouldn't have any problem recouping those costs. I probably wouldn't go any higher than about $34-$35mil though if you want to break even or make a profit. At least, that is from my experience the past few seasons in LL6.
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Giants4008, I noticed that you have your ballpark at 22,000 capacity. The game manuel seems to suggest that 25,000 capacity is recommend for league level VI.

I am also in level VI, but I lowered my seating to 24,000. I did that since I rarely drew up to 25,000 and I wanted to save a little on Ballpark Expenses.

But I guess that all depends on what you average in people going to the ballpark. :-)

Updated Saturday, December 24 2016 @ 7:08:45 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All |