Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> 3 pitchers refresher   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
Before season start 2 before interleague 3 before 2 half.
1st 50 games pitcher refresher, then another pitcher refresher for 60 games, then another pitcher refresher for last 50 games. Instead of just all-star pitcher refresher. This would give us a chances to change rotation 3 times a season instead of once at all-star.
+1 for like
-1 for no
Comments welcomed?
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Just clarifying, it would be a change from 2 to 4 refreshes per season.

You already have a fresh roster opening day and it’s going to happen no matter what at all-star so that’s “2” for both. This would be a recommendation to add 2 more. I think that’s too many rotation refreshes, because 3 would occur between 1/3 and 2/3 way through the season. Seems a little little much and too great an opportunity to just keep rolling out aces.

If you were going to add one, maybe at 1/3 mark since everyone is still playing cup games, that would be the one I’d support.
texg8r

Pembroke Pines Gators
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball

I like the way it is currently. If you run a 5 man rotation you shouldn't need to do much other than the occasional reshuffling. Which seems pretty realistic. If you run a 4 man then you are going to have more issues, which, again, is pretty realistic. I think there needs to be a decent amount of fatigue risk if you run less than a 5 man rotation.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I already change my rotation constantly throughout the season. I find that to be part of the fun. Got a three game series? Good opportunity to shuffle your guys in preparation for the next 2 series.

I agree with texg8r that this would probably encourage even more use of unrealistic tiny rotations.

Updated Thursday, October 1 2020 @ 2:47:49 pm PDT
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
@wuggla I apologize I read too fast and saw you said “instead”.

So yes your recommendation is from 2->3 reshuffles, but I don’t think that can work because you need to build in time for AS game, that’s just the laws of time and space, even in a fictitious broken bat universe :D
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Actually there are already 3 refreshes if you include opening day. There is a 2nd at the All-star break. And a 3rd on the second to last Friday (~Sept 12th - game date). That last one lets you reset for the final three loops through your division.

Previous Page | Show Page |